aubio

Re: aubionotes having problems with ALSA and a question on aubionote's output

Hi,

On Sat, Oct 08, 2005 at 04:32:42PM +0100, Joseph Jones wrote:
> Hello fellow users,
>
> I'm having a problem with aubionotes. It seems to have problems with
> ALSA somewhere along the way, since when starting it in JACK mode it
> complains of a seg fault after "Using 'alsa_seq' driver". I used
> apt-get to build the package for me from source nder Ubuntu Breezy.
> Anybody have any suggestions?

you probably need to 'sudo modprobe snd-seq'.

> Also, is it possible to make aubionotes write midi output directly to
> a .mid file? I'm just getting into music composition and to get to
> grips with the various tools I was planning on transcribing and
> playing back (on live instruments where available) one of my favourite
> tracks, and obviously having it in a .mid rather than a .wav would
> help :)

if you can get it to run, you should be able to record the midi stream
from aubionotes in jack mode using a sequencer. but beware, aubionotes
is quite broken at the moment, i.e. very greedy and unstable.

most of its problems comes from the midi threading. i will make sure i
also think about writing to midi files when i have the time to fix it.
this would also be useful for the other command line tools.

cheers, piem